(Independent Fire Engineering & Distributors Association)
(The examination has been approved by the British Standards Institution and BAFE as satisfying the training requirements of SP101).
The essential areas of knowledge are as follows:
- Theory of fire and provision of equipment
- Transportation of Fire Extinguishers and media disposal
- Extinguishing equipment and parts, commissioning and maintenance (guage testing and procedures)
All our fire extinguisher technicians hold the IFEDA Certification ensuring that all work carried out by us is to the highest standards.
Servicing, Installation and Maintenance
- Servicing fire protection equipment
- Planning and organisation
- Applying safe working practice
- Maintaining and caring for tools and associated equipment
- Reviewing fire protection provision and establishing changing customer needs
- Recommending opportunities for improving services to customers
- Identifying and interpreting fire extinguisher protection issues affecting customers and implementing solutions
- Recommending fire extinguisher equipment to cover fire risks
Portable fire extinguishers shall be selected and installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, taking particular note on fire ratings and the need to provide the correct level and types of extinguishers to a standard not less than recommended in BS 5306: Part 8.
Portable Fire Extinguishers shall be commissioned and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s service and maintenance instructions to a standard not less than recommended in BS 5306: Part 3.